Menu for a
Finishing Salt &
Rosé Wine Tasting
July 10, 2005
Boiled Potatoes, Celery,
Hard Boiled Eggs (Triple T’s Araucona),
and Love Farms’ Ambrosia and Passport (Galia/Israeli) melons
Roasted Rosie Chickens with Spring Onions
Sesame-crusted Ahi Tuna &
Sweet Potato-crusted Albacore Tuna
with Pineapple Cucumber Ponzu Salsa or Wasabi Cream or Shouten Soy
Joanne’s Pineapple Coleslaw
Smashed Love Farms’ Cherry Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil
Arbequina & French Olives & Alexander Valley Bread & Butter Pickles
The Cheese Plate:
- Abbaye de Citeaux (Herve Mons ) - Produced by the monks of the Abbey of Saint Nicholas Les Citeaux in Burgundy since beginning of 20th century. Made from milk of Montbeliard cows and is milder than other washed-rind cheeses. (Dean & DeLuca)
- Humboldt Fog - Cypress Grove's goat’s milk Humboldt County cheese is named for the morning fog. It’s in the style of the French Morbier with a line of ash running through the center.
- Robiola Sapore di Bosca – A well aged Robiola (from Artisan Cheese in SF)
- La Welsche (washed with Marc de Gewürztraminer) – An Alsatian münster-like soft cheese with a washed rind made from pasteurized cow’s milk by Haxaire.
- Ramato Cuvee - Semi-soft, cow’s milk washed rind cheese from Treviso, IT in the Veneto region. The cheese is washed with Hy Cuvee Belgian ale, and aged 90 days. Mildly pungent with a pliant, earthy taste.
- Harvest Goat – An Aged Goat Cheese from Hillman Farms in Colrain, Massachusetts.
- Pata de Mulo - (“mule’s leg”) is flat on one side with a rough surface produced by rolling the curd by hand in a cloth. It is a slightly acidic and salty Spanish Sheep milk cheese from the Northern Castille- Leon Region.
Blueberry & Meyer Lemon Curd Tart
Fresh Whipped Cream
Love Farms’ Yellow Doll Watermelon slices